Thursday, March 10, 2011

The End is the Beginning

As my online blogging career begins, I'm struck with the question: What would someone want to know? I'm not entirely sure, but perhaps the title of my blog is a noteworthy discussion.

What does "this end upside down" mean?

Everyone has heard or seen the phrase "this end down" on a large cardboard box. It indicates that there is something precious or fragile inside that can only be positioned one way. Consequences for disobeying this written warning could include anything from leaked oil to having a 10 piece tea set becoming a 50 piece tea set.

With how crazy my life has been lately (unemployment, stolen social security number, no luck with job search, health problems, loss of grandparents), I feel as if my entire reality has completely shifted inside out. I imagine myself as a box that is not labeled "this end up" but instead "this end upside down". Can you see me as a cardboard box with feet sticking up in the air and doing a headstand? Yes, that's very much how I feel right now.

Besides, I never claimed to be "normal" anyway. Where is the fun in that?

No comments:

Post a Comment